Saturday, October 18, 2014

spiderweb mom and baby cookies

do spiders give you the heebie jeebies?
i had a roommate once who screamed at the top of her lungs every time she saw a spider.
i'd be in my room watching tv when all of a sudden there was this blood curdling scream that scared me half to death only to find out it was a teeny tiny spider and my roommate would be jumping on her bed and pointing to the spider speck.

it certainly didn't help that we had a LOT of spiders in that florida apartment.

it got to be so that i would just get up at the clang of the scream, grab the broom, whisk the spider outside, all the while not saying a word, while my roomie freaked out. 
ahhh the memories.

i shoulda made her these cookies.
perhaps she woulda ended up liking spiders after all.
have you tried these new cookie sheets? 
i got them at walmart.
man what a time saver!
and they're yummy too :)
i got the cookie cutter but when i used the spider, the legs kept getting stuck in the cutter so all i got was 
this oval body thing. 
so i compromised.
by making little dough balls.
too bad they don't stay puffy.
they're cute.

so let's make them cuter.


i just used betty crocker cookie icing. 
everything ready made to make these cookies. 
that way they're done and done in a little over 1/2 hr.


are all these spiders giving you the heebie jeebies?
i hear when you have them you can't see straight.
you ok?


well gosh spider mom, you just had like what, 
a thousand babies? 
give yourself a break.
i guess you figure i do not get the heebie jeebies when it comes to spiders. 
but i do thinking what it would be like to be a mom of a thousand kids.
so one more time to test your heebie jeebieness with spiders.
just stare at the next picture for a minute or two.
how'd you do?
if you got them one way to cure it,
(whatever the heck heebie jeebies are by the way
is to eat them...



23 comments:

  1. LOL Spiders never freaked me out until I saw your picture of THOUSANDS of babies! Cute, but a little disquieting! Reminds me of last week's new story about the house infested with so many the owners had to move out. Yikes!
    But these are easy to make if you're in a hurry for something really cute - just open the package and go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's right J they're super quick to make! ok so about that house though, now that may make me scream like my old roommate! :>O

      Delete
  2. Wow. I've never seen cookie dough sheets. They are really cool as are your spiders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i bet you could do a ton of fun things with them with your talent Beth! thanks for stopping by again-it's a real pleasure :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Lisa - Ok I'm totally your roommate who screams at spiders. But these are cute.... she says with hesitation. They look good enough to eat! Hugs, Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! yes if you were my roommate i would make a ton of these for you for sure Holly! :)

      Delete
  4. I think this is shear genius! What a cute and unique idea..love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow thank you Karen! i always wanted to make these-just was too lazy to roll the dough and such since i knew i'd be making a ton of babies-lol :)

      Delete
  5. Ha! This is SO cute!

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Jess! all spiders of the universe and me applaud you for saying they are cute! heehee :>D

      Delete
  6. This reaches beyond the normal point on cuteness scale hahaha
    Pinning! :)
    xx
    Mila
    milaslittlethings.com
    milawayable@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my goodness Mila thank you!!! wonder if my old roomie would think so? lol ;)

      Delete
  7. Girl, I'm late for the party AGAIN!! Too many posts I've missed to comment on each one. Needless to say, even without my comments, my BBFF is prolific at creations of the spooky variety!!! Love these and I'll definitely look for those cookie sheets. What is that you have them sitting on? A spiderweb placemat or something?? I WANT! Dona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! my BBFF is back :) better late than never as it's not the same without you Dona.
      that's a spider tray i got at home goods last year i think-it's pretty big but i bet you could make one if you got a clear tray and modge podged a spider napkin on the bottom of it or something. sigh. my brain is always crafting whether i want it to or not -lol :>O

      Delete
  8. So fun! Love your nurse humor, too! Thanks again for your advice to my daughter for starting her party biz. We have been looking over it again and it's a big help!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gee Michelle thank you! i almost forgot i gave her that advice but then again at my age i easily forget anything-lol :>O

      Delete
  9. Best. Halloween. Cookies. Ever. Oh, my gosh, I love these so much. Thank you for sharing them with us at Treasure Box Tuesday- pinned to make soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh. my. gosh! i love your comment so much Joy! talk about bringing me joy to my day! :>D

      Delete
  10. Found these on the Wake Up Wednesday linky and I'm in loooooove! So adorable! Thanks for sharing .. pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and i'm in looooove with comments like yours Stacy! thank you so very very much! hope you stop by again :>D

      Delete
  11. Hi Lisa
    This is really cute. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above's Link Party. We hope to see you at tonight's party.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! This post has been featured on Wake Up Wednesday Linky Party. Check it out here- http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2014/10/what-i-prayed-for-this-diwali-wuw.html

    Cheers,
    Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOOOHOOO! thank you thank you thank you Tanya!!! :>D

      Delete

here's wishing for a stuffed comment box... :>D