Tuesday, July 14, 2015

lemon sunshine baking cup cookies

dang i'm so hot!

easy.
and cute.
that's what i'm looking for.

hey now i'm talking about the heat and cookies here folks! lol
although these cookies do require you to turn your oven on, the baking time is so quick you can get back to your normal tortured summer heat of a cool 90+ degrees. 

or if you live in FL like me, 
you can go back to a normal summer day where it really feels like a comfortable 105 degree day because Lord knows we just can't get enough of sweating 24/7.
:>P

but let's forget about the heat and see how baking cups really made these simple cookies into suns.

i found the answer to a quick and easy cookie when i saw 
this recipe which i changed just a bit by covering them up with a glaze instead of powdered sugar.

here are the steps for ya:
pretend you see a bottle of lemon extract in the pic ok? (oops)
you can get the baking cups at jo ann's or here.



double the sun?!?!
ehhh-no thank you. 
i'm having a hard time handling one sun's heat!

hey now, a sun telling us to stay cool?!?
well that's a first!





12 comments:

  1. LOL How cute! The smiles and the lemon-y flavor are a great combo!
    And I just read last post's reply to my comment, and I thank YOU for visiting me too - and leaving such cute, clever remarks! Just love the friends I've made by blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too J! it's what keeps us moving isn't it? that and great friends like Michael's and JoAnn! LOL i can see your grandkids eating one of these-goodness that's a picture of cuteness overload! :>D i ALWAYS look forward to reading your comments my sweet friend :)!

      Delete
  2. "It's a sunshiny day"..oh those sweet smiles and I love lemon! Love your cute & sunny cookies! Plus I didn't know that you live in my favorite state! I've been trying to talk my A #1 Awesome Hunky Hubby into it for years..but "Hotlanta" is as much heat as he wants to handle. Hmm..maybe some day. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh man what FUN we would have if we were neighbors Karen! it would be a sunshiny day every day except when we go to the stores and buy all the sugar and leave none for anyone else...LOL!!! hey i've been to Hotlanta many times and even as recently as last month-you're not kidding about the heat! it was hotter there than it was at home for me! maybe it's cuz there are so many hunky hubbies there who are hot?! LOL oh goodness i better hush-these are the times i don't mind my hubby doesn't read my blog! ;)!

      Delete
  3. The recipe you used, they way they rose up perfectly, the baking cups and the cute little smile, could make even the gloomiest day sunny, I can never have too much sunshine! The humidity I can do without. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. boo hiss on the horrible humidity! my hair rebels against it everyday! :>O i would indeed LOVE to trade a couple of these though for your magnificent cookies Kim but then again i wouldn't eat them but put them on display instead! :>D

      Delete
  4. Your Lemon Sunshine cups are adorable......especially on a hot day like we are having in the Northeast today. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Kathy! i know the last thing i want on a hot scorching day is more sun but these are definitely an exception ;) see you at your next party! :)

      Delete
  5. These are so cute and sound really delicious! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they did put a sunny smile on my kids' faces :-) thanks again Jess!

      Delete

here's wishing for a stuffed comment box... :>D